Today is World Kindness Day, which is an internationally recognised day for the celebration of kindness in society and day to day life. What is not to love about this? The campaign encourages people to commit individual acts of kindness today.
We can get bogged down in negativity very easily, there is so much bad in the world and taking some time out of our day to do a small act of kindness can only be a good thing.
Free delivery today
To celebrate World Kindness Day, we are giving all of our customers free delivery for today only. All you have to do is use the code KINDNESSDAY at checkout to receive free delivery.
Here are some examples of acts of kindness you can do:
- Text or call someone you know. This could be a thank you, well wish, compliment or anything kind. Not everyone realised how loved and valued they are.
- Eat lunch with someone new at work, they might need a friend
- Hold the door open for those behind you
- Register to be an organ donor
- Give someone a compliment – it could make their day, week or entire year!
- Surprise your colleagues with a kind note or treat on their desk
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter
- Offer to buy a drink or some food for a homeless person or even take the time to talk to them
- Donate some possessions you no longer use to charity
- Befriend anyone elderly or vulnerable in your community, so they have someone to turn to if they need help
- Volunteer at a nursing or care home
- Spend time with someone who you think might be lonely
- Offer to help an elderly person with their shopping
- Give blood if you are able
- Donate coats, warm clothes and blankets to a homeless shelter
- Donate craft items, toys or games to your local children’s hospital
- Get to know your neighbours
- Adopt a rescue animal as your pet
- Have a meat-free day
- Make a bird house and leave bird seed out
Make a pledge
You can pledge your act of kindness here http://www.kindnessuk.com/pledge.php